Thursday, June 1, 2023

Family day Journal?

 My Family day Journal


                    It was April 23 and Family day has started in ACT. Everyone had prepared for this day, everyone practiced for their dances, and had family and friends join in for the fun. I unfortunately couldn't enjoy this event with my classmates and friends at school, but I am fortunate enough to still spend time with my family on that day.

                    My now 31 years old sister, who is about to give birth soon, had planned a gender reveal birthday party on that day. It was unfortunate because my mom had paid extra on family day so my other older sister and her son could join, but nevertheless it was still a fun day that day. It was morning, I was awoken by the sound of people outside, like what you'd usually hear during an occasion, I went outside my room and saw that the kitchen and dining table was filled with uncooked food. At the other side of my house across the road was my grandpas house, and it was filled with kids and my aunts and mom preparing the whole thing with balloons and foils alongside with tables and chairs, all pink and blue for the theme of the party. It was around 10-11 am, which was still considerately far from the party starting since we had planned to have dinner instead of lunch for the gender reveal. Everyone had color coded clothes to fit in to which gender they think the baby is, I was on team pink, and some of my cousins had to wear blue because apparently they didn't have any pink clothes.

                    Skipping through some details, like me sneaking in the kitchen and taking a few pieces of chicken and eating it, and also playing some games with my cousins, it was almost time for the gender reveal to start. Guests from both families of the father and mother of this soon to be son and daughter had all came to witness and hear the news. After preparing everything, it was time for the party to get started, but firstly my sister had to give her speech of gratitude and prayer so we could eat first before the gender reveal. It was kind of funny because at one point she mentioned a female pronoun and everyone thought it was the babys gender, but unfortunately it wasn't, she was just referring to herself and most of the people in the party was not good at comprehending english sentences.

                     The food was amazing, there was the chicken with 2 flavors of sauce you could choose, honey and sour cream, those were my favorite. 2 huge bowls of rice for everyone, bam-i, desserts on the side, a cake in the middle, and drinks at another area of the long table. I devoured most of the dessert cake pops, and anxiously waited for the donuts to be ready because my older cousin was still taking a picture of the display. There was also the picture of my sister ultra sound at the side of the donuts. After everyone had eaten their meal and ate some dessert as well, it was time for the gender reveal. My cousin on my mothers side and my brother was in charged of the confetti poppers, my sister has instructed them that if it was blue or pink whatever it was the person holding the confetti popper with the same color would twist the popper. No one in the room knows the gender other than my neighbor who was around the same age as my older brother, my sister had given him the little envelope with the babys gender, and he had to prepare the color for the object of the gender reveal to whichever the gender of the baby was. 

                     It was anticipating because at first we all thought it was the cake that reveals the babys gender, but it wasn't and we were all confused to why it was just white. Apparently it was this big black balloon with colored confettis inside. We already had our phones pulled out so it was basically a take two. Now we had to do a countdown once again, everyone was screaming as soon as the balloon had popped IT WAS A GIRL! My poor baby nephew started crying because of how loud we were and we all had to calm him down. But after all of that some people started to leave and went to tell my sister and her boyfriend to congratulate and thank them for the party. The family members I was more familiar with stayed for an after party, which was just sitting around and drinking and maybe a bit karaoke. I unfortunately went ahead and slept. 


                       I had fun that day and wished that I came to the family day and quickly join in the gender reveal as soon as I got home but it was all worth it. I still got to spend time with my family and that is all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family day Journal?

 My Family day Journal                      It was April 23 and Family day has started in ACT. Everyone had prepared for this day, everyone ...